Saturday, December 18, 2010

HO HO HO

I finished wrapping Christmas presents today during nap time and came to the realization that I have NOTHING for my Mom for Christmas.  That cannot be! 

Well let me tell you...my Mom is not easy to shop for...if she wants something, she just buys it.  So after a wee bit of a shopping spree this morning and a few Christmas fabric acquisitions, I decided a quilt is in order.  

I have never attempted a quilt in less than a week...well maybe a doll quilt or baby quilt...but Mom deserves more than that!

Kelly suggested a 9 Patch Lattice quilt by Elizabeth Hartman.  I think this may be the ticket.  I was thinking of using a snowball block, so I might try to work that in yet, but as I type...I am pre-washing the fabrics above.  I'm already short on time...don't need any bleeding red mishaps.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. I did a disappearing nine patch quilt for one nephew and I just wanted a variation on the same theme for the other boy. You have given it to me on a platter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you! I can't wait to see the finished quilt, and I am certain your mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck...i was in the same boat as you for my step mom...I decided to make her a set of 7 mug rugs since she's an avid coffee drinker, which I only had 1 & half days to complete...nothing like a little time crunch get the sewing machine humming away.

    Well, i can't wait to sew the finished project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could cut the corners off after you make the nine patch and then turn them into a snowball/ninepatch quilt!

    You can do it!!! (my pep talk)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a brave girl - good luck! I just spent this afternoon cutting out pattern pieces and selecting fabric for 2 little girl gifts - my husband thinks I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it! Think of all the small projects you have made in a week! They add up to one quilt Im sure! BTW A disappearing 9patch is a quick quilt that can have a big impact depending on your fabric choice. I like to use a bold or graphic focal fabric in the corners that arent cut. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you can manage it...I love that 9 patch lattice pattern. I've got one that I started last spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the nine ice lattice, you can totally do this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogger ate my comment that I left yesterday! Argh...

    Anyway, just sending you support and good vibes to get your Christmas quilt done for your mom. I love the fabrics you've got stacked for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! You're prewashing! Good Luck with your quilt -- you can do it! And just out of curiosity, where was the big sale???

    ReplyDelete