Monday, November 23, 2009

Moms wreath




Well, I finished the wreath last night. I really like it. I need to finish off the top with ribbon or something to hide the remaining hanger hook.


But if you are interested in doing this, I want to give you a few tips I think you will find helpful.

*definitely glue all the ornament tops with hot glue.


* definitely scour your thrift stores, but make sure to purchase ornaments with metal hooks, not the plastic hooks...I lost about 9 ornaments by those plastic hooks just breaking in two.


I guess that is it. If you have any questions feel free to ask!


Also, here is a link to the wreath tutorial.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love hindsight?

    I steer well clear from wreath projects...mine never work!!! Though looking at your pic, I am verrrry tempted!

    Have a happy thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is gorgeous!! My sister made me one of these, although she glued each ornament to a frame...a much more time-consuming method, I'm sure. But the results are the same! It's really lovely.

    ReplyDelete