Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope everyone is feeling loved today. I  enjoy celebrating the day with my kids and making them feel extra special.  I made them both a doll this year and am so pleased that they actually like them!! 
I used the pattern " I Heart You " from Hillary Lang's wonderful book "Wee Wonderfuls".
The girl doll is green and purple because those are Colette's favorite colors of course...and I used Katie Jump Rope for Hugo's doll because Ive been longing to use some of my KJR stash!  His shorts are from a vintage fabric in my stash. 

These are my first attempt at doll making, and I think I am up for the challenge.  I enjoyed the whole process!

For Valentine's Day I received these:

Well, maybe we just got them this weekend by coincidence...and honestly, my husband has been more excited about them than I me, they just represent 'doing laundry'...he thinks they are a cool new appliance.  Maybe if he did the laundry, he would see things my way??  Either way, I am pleased a queen size quilt now fits nicely into my washing machine!

Happy Valentines Day everyone.
xoxo hugs and kisses


  1. Beautiful dolls (and washing machine)!

  2. Those are so cute!!! Happy new washer and dryer too. I'm still waiting for mine to be stacked and I so want to show off my laundry room!

  3. Your dolls are adorable! Also, I have fallen in love with my front clothes have never been so clean and I feel comfortable washing my handmade quilts in them. Enjoy!

  4. Congrats on being a finalist in the Love Nest Contest (as I predicted.) :) :) :) I hope you win!

  5. Love the dolls! And I think you'll soon love your Valentine's washer/dryer as they'll make the laundry less a chore to do! :-)

  6. Those dolls are just adorable Jenny -- I'll bet the kids are crazy about them. I don't know -- I might be on hubby's side over those pretty new appliances LOL!

  7. I heart your dolls! I also heart your new washer & dryer. Lucky!

  8. Jenny, you won a prize from Sew Mama Sew!!!! You are a lucky girl these days. I might have to rub you for good luck!