Thursday, March 22, 2012

Round Robin

My first of two round robin obligations are done for the month.
Remember the blocks I showed a post or two ago...

Well, I chose to tackle Hollie's first.
I pulled from her starter block the orange, purple, and Denyse Schmidt and came up with this:



It was a lot of fun.  Hope you like it Hollie!

Next up...the "triangle".  Please, seriously, if anyone could float me an idea, I would really appreciate it.  I guess I need to applique it down to a base fabric, right?  Any crash courses on applique?

4 comments:

  1. Any way you could piece something to those curves to make the ends pointy again, and then add something to that triangle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To clarify...those blue rounded bits on the end remind me of the inner piece of a drunkard's path block. So if you were able to add the outer piece, the triangle would have its pointy ends back and be easier to work with. Maybe?

      Delete
  2. Looks like you did a great job on that first project. As for the second one ... whew! I feel for you ... and sadly have no suggestions. Wait...send it back and request to get it later in the round robin LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about a row of triangles around? but yes, I see Y seams in your future. ;)

    Great job though on the first one; it looks so good. :)

    And why I really came -- you won a copy of my pattern, French Kisses -- would you kindly email me back and I'll get it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete